8 unknown facts about Infosys you probably had no idea about
Infosys, a dream company for most of us was conceived in 1981 in Pune by Narayan Murthy, Nandan Nilekani, N S Raghavan, S Gopalakrishnan, S D Shibulal, K Dinesh and Ashok Arora. All of them were the former employees of Patni Computer Systems.
One of the seven founders Narayan Murthy has shared some facts about Infosys company he built from scratch.
Let see how the bunch of engineers who grew up in the middle-class family built a legacy called Infosys:
1. The foundation of Infosys was laid with the initial capital of Rs 10,000 with the name of Infosys Consultants.
2. Narayan Murthy borrowed the amount from his wife Sudha Murthy. The first room of his house was the company first office while the registered office was Raghavan’s home.
3. For those who think Narayan Murthy was the first employee of Infosys than you are wrong. It was the N S Raghavan and Murthy was employee No. 4.
4. Infosys worked without a computer till 1983 because Narayan Murthy could not afford to bring an imported option he liked. It was in 1983 when Infosys purchased the first computer, a Data General 32-bit MV8000.
5. Nandan Nilekani (aged 23) walked into the Pune office of Patni Computer Systems in search of a job in the year 1978. There he met Narayan Murthy. His urge to build a better kind of a company in India catalyzed him. It was at that very moment that the Murthy and five others decided to create Infosys, now a $10.2 billion company.
6. In 1989, Infosys was pushed into a crisis due to the collapse of KSA’s. One of the founders-Ashok Arora quit the company. This is when Narayan Murthy stepped in and said “for those who want to leave can go but I am going to stick and make it.
7. Narayan Murthy was always broke and always owed money from his wife. For three years, the total amount he owed to his wife was 4,000 which he never returned to her wife. Sudha maintained a book of Murthy’s debts and finally tore it up after their wedding.
8. Infosys became the first IT company to be listed on NASDAQ in the year 1999. It touched US$ 100 million making it the costliest share of the time. At that time, Infosys was listed amongst the 20 biggest companies by market capitalization on NASDAQ.
These are the major facts about Infosys we hope you enjoyed the article.
After reading this article (facts about infosys) we know you are motivated and want to do something and if it’s true then read our another article about part time earning jobs – 7 Part time jobs with zero investment.