20 little – known travel facts which you must know about
Love traveling? Planning to go somewhere? Then have a look here on some of the interesting facts about traveling.
I have searched all around to find 20 great travel facts. Have a look at them:
1) Traveling from west to east makes the day shorter while traveling from east to west makes the day longer. This is because our internal clock has a natural cycle of sleep/wake modes which is slightly longer than 24 hours. Therefore, it gets easier for the brain to adapt to.
2) If you want to remember your vacation for a longer duration, you should include a dramatic change in your scenery. For eg. instead of enjoying on the beach, prefer climbing up the mountains.
3) Spend money on your experiences instead of buying materialistic things. Memories give you a reason to remember your trip. Objects are of no use as time passes by.
4) When we meet new people in the foreign countries, a majority of us forget their name the second they introduce themselves. This is because our mind is focused on making a good first impression.
5) The best part of your trip is in the planning and preparation phase. It is not on your trip at all.
6) Type of vacation chose to represent your personality. For eg, if you prefer mountain vacations then you are an introvert person, while extrovert prefers seaside destinations.
7) Travel help improves your problem-solving skills.
8) One out of 9 jobs in the US depends on Travel and Tourism.
9) Travel reduce the stress level in your body and lower the risk of heart disease.
10) Austria provides legal 22 paid vacation days and 13 paid holidays each year.
11) France is the most visited country in the world and Bangkok is the most visited city in the world.
12) Canada is the most educated country in the world with more than 50% of the population being educated at the post-secondary level.
13) The US has the largest number of citizens behind the bar.
14) 1/3rd of the world’s airports are located in the US. They are 61,000 people in the air over the US at any given time or day.
15) The most expensive hotel room in the world costs $83,200 a night at the Royal Penthouse Suite in Geneva at Hotel President Wilson.
16) The Eiffel Tower is a daily place of work for 600 Parisians.
17) The statue of liberty was constructed to be used as a lighthouse.
18) The only country in the world without any river is Saudi Arabia.
19) Only 1 percent of the entire world population has traveled to Antarctica. Are you one of them?
20) There is no land at the North Pole. It’s floating ice in the sea that expands and contracts depending on what season it is.